cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvalcla
Level 3

lmreread Limitations on Quorum

Dear all, we are having issues with engineering telling us that there is no way to execute a re-read of licenses on a quorum setup, requiring us for a full stopping of the licenses causing an outage.

Is there any known reason why a lmreread command will work in non-quorum and fail in quorum?

Is there any specific limitation with the use of lmreread on a quorum setup?

Of course I am telling them that they must edit the original license ASCII file and append the extra licenses provided by the application team at the bottom of the same file.

Any insights are welcome.

0 Kudos
(6) Replies
baudewijn_verm
Level 4

What is a quorum setup?

0 Kudos

Theee server redundancy.

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @rvalcla Did you try to run 

lmreread -c counted-3s.lic 

In the primary server on command line? what is the output? 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos
rvalcla
Level 3

I do not have access to the license server as I am on a different role, I am just re-validating what I am being told, as I am pretty sure there is no such limitation. The software vendor is providing us the FLexNet setup bundled with their software, so we do not have full independence into chosing the version and configuration. We are being told that how to deploy FlexNet by the vendor.

This is not going to be a live troubleshooting session, I just need to re-validate that there is no need to stop the licenses and that on a quorum you CAN also issue a re-read.

I do not have details here on the version or the configuration used, I just need to have that validation, so then we can challenge the vendor to explain why if the FlexNet owner says we can they still insist on not allow it to have support.

0 Kudos
mrathinam
Revenera Moderator Revenera Moderator
Revenera Moderator

Hi @rvalcla Yes, you can use lmreread to re-validate the license rights however it's up to the Flexnet owner to give access rights or not based on the requirement and it's not mandatory. 

Best Regards,

0 Kudos

OK, the fact that this runs on the cloud poses any additional limitations? I have read in the documentation some caveats regarding that.

My team does have full access as admins, so there is no problem with running any command that we want, other than maybe the software vendor wanting to have a say on that.